Tuesday, September 22, 2009

New and DECORATED Artroom!

This will be our second year in the new art room. Last year it took every bit of my free time to get 2 entire art rooms (elem and hs) packed, combined, moved and organized into the current new room. This year I only had to pack, combine, move and organize one room (middle school). That left me a little time to decorate the stark, sterile white walls in the new classroom. Over the years I have collected things here and there to hang. I finally got some of them up and I mean some. I have a lot more to put up. The walls in the art room are begging for color!

My mother-in-law gave me this. I love it. It's darling. If I has a little girl I would hang it in her room. But so far, just a little boy and pink hearts don't exactly fit in to our home decor. So, I gave it a special place in the art room where I can see it everyday. ;)


This was in my parents basement for YEARS! Never did find it's way to a wall. I think it was a gift from my great-aunt and uncle after a trip to Venezuela. Another item that did not fit into the decor, but is right at home in the art room.


Another picture from my mother-in-law. I love this picture. It is so me. Colorful and artistic mixed with cowboy. One of my favorites. Perfect in this room.






I know what you are thinking! No, this is not the original. :) I painted this last year when I assigned the students in painting class to paint a "Forgery Painting". A lot of times I will sit down and paint, draw, whatever with the students. I think they learn the most from observation.





Yes, another gift from great-aunt and uncle. This guy has not seen the light of day for darn near quarter of a century as he has been stuffed in storage in my parents basement. He must be so excited to be in the art room. All of the hustle and bustle of kids being creative. I am sure he is a little overwhelmed.





When I was in a collage art class everyone stretched their own canvas. Then we put them all (30 some) together to make one giant canvas. Then everyone painted it together using lots of free paint they got from the hazardous waste center. When we were done everyone got their own canvas back. This was mine.




I took an awesome trip to Chicago with my sister this summer. We had so much fun. Of course we hit up the Chicago Art Institute. I got some great coasters there. But, who needs a coaster in an art room, so I changed them into magnets. Love em!


My favorite addition so far. Not exactly art, but very inspiring.
This is the art room, decorated, so far. Thanks for tuning in...planning on posting some art lessons soon and will let you know what we have been up to lately!

No comments:

Post a Comment